Engineering Career Forum: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
The Society for Women Engineers (SWE) – in cooperation with the College of Engineering and Computer Science, the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations, and the Center for Career Development – is sponsoring the ninth annual Engineering Career Forum on Wednesday, January 30, 2013. This networking opportunity is for all students enrolled in the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
As with the previous forums, this activity is an ideal way for alumni and employers to meet students and provide important career information and professional advice. Participants will have a light dinner with student leaders and faculty from the College of Engineering and Computer Science, serve on a panel discussion, and informally network with students during the reception.
Following is our agenda for this exciting event as well as a registration link. Many employers will be sending our UE alumni to represent them at the forum. Please register below by Friday, January 4, 2013, to confirm you will join us for this important opportunity to meet and network with students.
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.: Registration and Dinner: Please join us for dinner with students from the Dean’s Council and UE faculty and staff.
- 6:45 – 7:40 p.m.: Job-Search Strategy Sessions: All sessions will include time for panelists to discuss the topics listed below, as well as time for students to ask questions. Students will choose from the following sessions:
- Starting the Search with Co-Ops/Internships
If students are looking for the right co-op or internship to suit their needs, they will attend this session. Panelists speak on internships and co-ops, as well as share information about how best to prepare for internships or co-ops.
- Poised for the Senior Year
As engineering and computer science upperclassmen enter the final year of their undergraduate education, this session will focus on the choices and final planning students make for their career direction, professional employment, graduate school and senior design.
- Advanced Job Search Processes
Graduating seniors in this meeting will be looking for advice on finding a full-time job. Panelists will share information as well as answer student questions about advanced search techniques for a full-time professional position.
- 7:45 – 8:00 p.m.: Overview: Employers and Opportunities
- 8:00 – 8:30 p.m.: Networking Reception: Students will bring their résumés for this opportunity to network with you. This reception will provide you with the opportunity to talk further with students from your session and other sessions.
Engineering Career Forum 2013
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
5:30 – 8:30PM
Ridgway University Center
University of Evansville Campus